About this task
To change from an RTU-based system to a TCP-based system, or from a TCP-based system to an RTU-based system, complete the following steps:
- Log on to the SMP UI and navigate to the system that contains the Modbus Integration object you want to change.
- Drag the Modbus integration object from the navigation panel to the display panel.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click Edit.
- Change the value from RTU to TCP, or the other way around, by entering it in the Vendor Reference field.
- Restart the network engine.
- Log on to the network engine using the Launcher application to verify operation.
- Modify the Modbus integration parameters and Modbus field device parameters for the new communication type and device. See Modifying integration parameters and Inserting a field device.
- Click Save.