About this task
Note: USB drive capture is available only for NAE85s and OAS.
- Insert a USB flash drive into the USB drive on the NAE85 and OAS. Wait two minutes for the flash drive to initialize.
- Drag the KNX integration object from the navigation panel to the display panel, and then click the Hardware tab.
Click Edit, and then click the
browse button to open the Vendor Configuration Data
parameter list. In the Modify List dialog box:
See Figure 1 for an example.Figure 1. USB drive diagnostic example
- Set parameter 1 to Y.
- Set parameter 3 to the drive letter assigned to the USB flash drive.
- Click OK to save your changes, close the dialog box, and then click Save on the Hardware tab to save the KNX integration object. Diagnostic mode begins.
- Capture data for approximately ten minutes, then disable diagnostic mode by again opening the Vendor Configuration Data parameter list. Set parameter 1 to N and save the change.
- Remove the flash drive from the USB drive.
Review the log file by using a text editor. The log file includes all the
information related to the integration and communication traffic in hexadecimal
Note: The diagnostic capture file is stored to the flash drive. The name of the text file is: KNXDriver‑<year><month><day>T<hour><minute><second>.log. For example, KNXDriver-20181004T144500.log.