About this task
Important: The Advanced Security Enabled feature indicates whether the site uses the advanced security settings. This attribute provides an improved layer of security between Metasys Site Directors and devices. With this attribute set to true, backward-compatible methods of communication between the Site Director and its network engines are disabled, which means a Site Director at Release 10.0 or later discards all communication attempts from network engines prior to Release 10.0. At Release 10.1 or later, the Advanced Security Enabled attribute is defaulted to True. This setting applies to the entire site, so change this attribute set to False if you have any network engines prior to Release 10.0. When you change this attribute to True, a user message appears to indicate that all network engines prior to Release 10.0 remain online, but are disconnected from the site because they no longer communicate with the Site Director. If this message appears, click OK to continue and set the attribute to True, or Cancel to keep the attribute set to False.
To upgrade an NIE59 to an NAE55 with integrations to Release 12.0, complete the following steps:
- Log on to SCT with the commissioning laptop and open the archive for the NIE59.
- Upload the NIE59 archive with SCT.
- Upgrade the NIE59 archive from current release to Release 12.0.
- Reimage the NIE59 with Release 10.1 using the PXE process.
- Open the NIE59 archive and open the Hardware tab of the NIE59 engine integration object.
Verify the correct name according to Table 1 is in the
Vendor driver field. Enter the file name if it is not.
Note: The Vendor driver file name is case sensitive.
Table 1. Vendor files to specify for an NIE59 Network Engine Integration type
Old name first driver
New name first driver
NIE59 KNX KNXDriver_N50.dll libKNXDriver.so
- Save your changes.
- Download the NIE59 archive into the NIE59.
- After the download is complete, log on to the NIE59, and verify the integration in the upgraded NIE59 is online.