This document describes the concepts and procedures used to perform an N1 Migration with a Network Integration Engine (NIE). An N1 Migration allows you to support N1 Networks in the Metasys® system.
This document contains three appendixes:
- Object Mapping Tables: This provides reference tables for how to map N1 object attributes, commands, and point features to the Metasys system. See Appendix: Object Mapping Tables.
- Metasys N1 Network to Metasys System Feature Comparison: This provides a comparison of features in Metasys N1 Networks and the Metasys system. See Appendix: Metasys N1 Network to Metasys System Feature Comparison.
- Command Priorities for NCM and NIE: This provides information on command priorities for the NIE and Network Communication Module (NCM) objects. See Appendix: Command Priorities for NCM and NIE.
- This document does not describe how to install, configure, or update an NIE.
- The NIE55 (but not the NIE85) can be configured as a validated device for Metasys for Validated Environments (MVE), allowing existing NCM/M-Series validated sites to be migrated to Metasys system. See Table 1 for related MVE documentation.