The N2-capable FEC or CGM replacement device must communicate to the NCM supervisor as a VND Device Type by using a selector in the CCT N2 Mapping feature.
Be sure to allow sufficient time to change the NCM database configuration. Consider the following:
- Changing the NCM database requires that you delete the old hardware and define the new hardware.
- The incremental DDL compile method (@NC+) using the DELETE keyword simplifies the NCM database change; GPL and JC Basic processes may not need to be recompiled.
For replacements that switch to VND Device Type, point mapping is unrestricted. To make the replacement operation as similar to the old device as possible:
- Select a Supervisor Object Type that matches the replaced controller point.
- For multi-state objects, select an appropriate States Text table.
- Use the Supervisor Object Definition to restrict commands.