About this task
When you are ready to move to a BACnet MS/TP configuration, use CCT to switch the equipment controllers' field bus network to BACnet MS/TP and then re-download the controller application files (*.caf) to the desired CGM, CVM, and FEC family controllers.
As you convert CGM, CVM, and FEC family controllers to BACnet MS/TP, it is best practice to keep the controllers disconnected from the Field Controller (FC) Bus network until all have been converted to BACnet MS/TP and the supervisory controller has been reconfigured for BACnet MS/TP. Follow these steps to convert N2-configured CGM, CVM, and FEC family controllers to BACnet MS/TP:
- Disconnect the FC Bus connector from the CGM, CVM, and FEC controller.
- Ensure there is 24 VAC supply to the CGM, CVM, and FEC controller.
- Use CCT and an SA bus connection to upload the CGM, CVM, and FEC controller's application file.
- Clear the N2 Mapping Table and save the application file.
- Disconnect the 24 VAC supply from the CGM, CVM, and FEC controller.
Set the address switch to the desired BACnet MS/TP address. See Device addressing for details about N2 and
BACnet MS/TP device addressing.
Note: When configured for BACnet MS/TP, the address dip switch segment labeled 128 establishes the FEC controller for wireless mode. If you do not use the FEC controller in a wireless network, then set the 128 segment to OFF.
- Connect the 24 VAC supply to the CGM, CVM, and FEC controller.
- Using the CCT tool and an SA bus connection, download the BACnet-configured application to the CGM, CVM, and FEC controller.
For an FEC controller, when the download process asks to
confirm switching the communication protocol to BACnet, click Accept.
Note: The CVM and CGM controllers automatically detect the correct FC Bus protocol and do not need to be switched by the tool.
- Reconnect the FC Bus connector to the CGM, CVM, and FEC controller.