Building owners will appreciate knowing their investments are coordinating intelligently to help their buildings, staff, and occupants achieve desired outcomes. Building systems that are purposefully integrated work better, install faster and easier, are IT friendly and cyber secure, and continue to be more reliable. Metasys integrated with Cree SmartCast lighting solutions is now doing more to make people’s jobs easier and more successful.
The Metasys and Cree SmartCast integration can achieve customer outcomes, including:
- Energy Savings – Use the occupancy sensors of the lights to automate the HVAC controls (temperature and airflow) in each space. More energy efficient than static schedules and running 24/7.
- Facility Management – All building systems conveniently visible from common dashboards and layered on floor plan graphics.
- Building Utilization – Using occupancy data to report on facility utilization metrics.
- Occupant Comfort and Productivity – Control lights, shades, HVAC, and A/V equipment from a single user interface.
- Occupant Safety and Security – Use lighting as visual indicators in the space during a fire, severe weather, or lockdown events. Connected lighting can be animated or show safe exits or routes through a building, or show threat levels.
- Lighting Features – Circadian rhythm and other mood-enhancing scenes, color tuning and brightness levels allow for enhanced occupant lighting experiences. Daylight harvesting allows lighting to adjust to natural daylight available and saves energy when possible.
Additional potential benefits include the following:
- Automated lighting adjustments to achieve healthy, efficient lighting conditions and scenes in buildings and spaces based on occupancy, schedules, and events
- Coordinated lighting behavior for signaling to occupants regarding critical scenarios in a building such as fire, intruder alert, lockdown, and code blue events
- Sensor networks that can provide real-time usage metrics and traffic pattern analysis for effective space utilization planning
- Improved facility awareness from the ability to see all building system statuses and activity occurring within the context of the spaces of the building
- Smarter, proactive, and prioritized building automation by leveraging detailed occupancy information from multiple building systems
- Improved productivity and energy efficiency from unified building schedules that automatically coordinate building systems
- Faster response to critical equipment or building alarms from all systems that are visible from a common interface