You can interact with the entire Metasys system from any location running a supported web browser. Use either Windows Internet Explorer version 11, Microsoft Edge version 44 or later, Apple Safari® version 11.0 or later, or Google Chrome™ version 78.0 or later. Other browsers, such as Mozilla® Firefox®, may also be used but are not fully supported.
You use the Launcher application to reach the login screen for the Site Management Portal UI. If the Launcher is not already installed on your machine, you are prompted to install it when you attempt to log in the SMP using the web browser.
After you log in to the Metasys system, you are able to perform the following operations:
- navigate to an item in the system
- create user views
- view summary definitions and tailored summaries
- manage alarms and events
- record and display trend data
- work with items to monitor and command systems and points
- edit and modify items
- schedule activities
- create and view graphics
- create, simulate, and activate control system logic