About this task
To add trends to the Trend Viewer in the Chart, Table, and Definition views:
- Click the Add icon. The Select Item dialog box appears.
Select one or more items (Ctrl or Shift).
Note: All non-trend items appear dimmed. If everything appears dimmed in the Select Item dialog box, check to see if you have at least one object with a Trend Extension and/or that Engine devices from other sites are storing samples in the Metasys Server (if applicable).
- Click OK.
At Release 8.0 and later, trends can be added to the chart and definition views of the Trend Viewer through drag and drop functionality.
- Click and select the Two Panel option. In one of the panels, open the Trend view. In the second panel, open the global search.
- Perform a global search for trends on the site.
- Select trends from the global
search results. Note: To mass select trends in the search results hold Ctrl and click or hold Shift and click.
- Drag the select trends to the Trend Viewer.
To Add Trends from the All Items Tree
- Select a device from the All
Items Tree. Note: To mass select device hold Shift and click.
- Drag the selected devices from the All Items Tree to the Trend Viewer window. All trends associated with the device will populate in the Trend Viewer window.