About this task
To provide consistency and easy configuration of DDAs, each DDA tab in the Metasys system user interface contains the same layout. Follow the instructions in this section when configuring any DDA. See Event Message Routing, Filtering, and Destinations for more information on DDAs.
On the NAE85/NIE85 platform and on some older releases of the NAE55/NIE55, you can use the Serial Printer DDA on the Site Director Engine to print event messages. This DDA is enabled using Remote Desktop, and no attributes/tabs appear in the UI. This DDA is only available on some network engines. Refer to the NAE Commissioning Guide (LIT-1201519) for details on this DDA.
To configure DDAs for routing event messages:
- View an Engine. See Viewing Item Data for information on how to display an item.
- Select the tab for the desired destination type.
- Select Edit.
- Edit the attributes in the Shared Configuration section.
- In the Destinations section, select New to add a destination or click an existing destination.
- Edit the parameters in the Destinations section. See the following:
Repeat Step 5 and 6 above if you want to configure this device to send
event messages to more than one destination of that type. Add the number of destinations.
For example, to send event messages to two different pagers, create two separate
destinations on the Pager tab.
- See Applying Filters for Routing Event Messages to Destinations for information on how to apply filters to route particular event messages to destinations.
- See Configuring Event Message Format for information on how to configure event message format.
- To remove a destination, select the destination and click Delete.
- Click Save.