The Metasys system has three event repositories for
storing event messages.
Table 1. Event Repositories
Local (Engine) Event Repository
- Provides temporary storage for event messages on the Engine.
- Allows the event messages stored in the local Engine event repository to appear in the Event Viewer and Alarms Window.
- Sends event messages from the local Engine event repository to the defined Default Destination.
- Provides permanent
storage for event messages on the Metasys
- Event messages
generated on a Metasys Server
platform are placed directly into
the Metasys Server
- Allows the event
messages stored in the Metasys
event repository to
appear in the Event Viewer and Alarms Window.
- Receives event
messages from multiple local Engine event repositories and provides permanent
storage for the event messages. The Metasys
event repository is
usually defined as the Default Destination for event messages from local Engine
- Provides the option
to send event messages from a single Metasys Server
repository to one or more Metasys
event repositories for
permanent storage. See the Configuring an ADS Event Repository section for details.
FACs Event Log
- Event logs are only viewable in the CCT. Configure the Advanced tab to work with FACs to record events using events logs. Refer to Working with the Advanced Tab in the CCT Help (LIT-12011147).
- The CCT can be set up to send event notifications from the FAC event logs to other devices. Refer to Setting up Device Notification in the CCT Help (LIT-12011147).
For information on configuring the event repositories, click one of the following section names:
A Database Timeout Error can occur when viewing events
if the repository contains too many events to be filtered before the system times out
(typically, one million events). To prevent this error, on a regular basis you should backup
and purge event records from the repository (JCIEvents) using the Metasys Database