The Find and Replace button appears on the Tree View Tab. You can use the Find and Replace option after renaming a site/device to update references to the new site/device name. This feature resolves any references that may have become broken due to the name change. See the following table for search options.
Updates the first occurrence of the specified text in all references with the replacement (Replace with) text. Enter the reference text and the new text and click Find. A list of references is generated. Click Replace All to update all references, or select a reference and click Replace to update a reference individually.
Site Name Only
Updates the site identifier in all references to the site name where the user navigation view resides. This value comes from the user navigation view’s full reference and is not editable in this dialog box. Click Find. A list of references is generated. Click Replace All to update all references, or select a reference and click Replace to update a reference individually.
Device Name Only
Replaces the Engine or Metasys server device identifier in item references with a different device identifier. All Device Names is entered by default, but you can specify a specific device name if desired. Enter the new name and click Find. A list of references is generated. Click Replace All to update all references, or select a reference and click Replace to update a reference individually. The device identifier updates in the references for the selected item and its children.
You also can use the Find and Replace option in online mode to quickly duplicate user view hierarchies for supervisory devices with similar configurations.
For example, perhaps you have several NAEs on your site that have the same set of N2 controllers and field points under their N2 trunks. You can create a user view to group your field devices and field points for NAE-1 into a logical system-based or geographical hierarchy. You can then duplicate the NAE-1 user view to create the same references and hierarchy for NAE-2.
Follow these steps:
- Create a user view referencing NAE-1 items (for example, field devices and/or field points), organizing the items in folders as desired.
- Refresh all tabs in the navigation frame to update the navigation views displayed in the UI.
- Create and edit a new user view for NAE-2, or edit the user view you created for NAE-1.
- Add items to the new NAE-2 user view.
- Click Add Trees (see Table 1) to display the Select Item dialog box.
- In the dialog box, select the tab for the user view you created for NAE-1.
- Select the items you wish to duplicate (choose the root node to duplicate the entire navigation view).
- Click OK. The Select Item dialog box closes, and the selected items and their children appear in the NAE-2 user view.
Use the Find and Replace feature (Device Name Only in the Table 1) to replace the NAE-1 identifier with NAE-2 in the references for the duplicated items.
Save your changes when finished.