Follow the steps in this section to upgrade the Metasys Server software, an option that is available if you have Release 8.0 or later. If you have Metasys Server software is at Release 7.0 or earlier, go to Uninstalling the Metasys Server Software Introduction. Also, if you have an earlier build of the Metasys Server Release 13.0 software, you cannot upgrade; you must uninstall first, then reinstall. Go to Uninstalling the Metasys Server Software Introduction.
- Obtain the Metasys Server installation file.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the location of the Metasys Server installation file. Ensure you copy and keep the MetasysServer_13.data file and the MetasysServer_13.0.exe file in the same folder. The installation fails without .data file in the same folder as the .exe file.
- Right-click MetasysServer_13.0.exe and select Run as Administrator. Enter the Administrator's user credentials if prompted. The setup window appears.
- Click Upgrade. The upgrade options screen appears.
- Under this setup section, select from these options.
- SQL Instance : Verify this read-only field indicates the server name of the SQL database engine installed on the computer (in most cases, localhost).
- Use Windows Credentials : Select if you want Setup to use the Windows OS credentials of the currently logged-in user to access the SQL Server software. The logged-in user must be a member of the system administrators (sysadmin) role in SQL Server. After installation, you can remove the SQL Server software system administrator rights from this user if so directed by IT personnel.
- Username and Password : Clear the Use Windows Credentials box to enter the SQL Server Administrator login and password credentials in these fields if you want the setup to use a SQL Server login with system administrator rights.
- Click Upgrade. The setup begins and the Install
Prerequisites screen appears. Click Continue.Figure 1. Upgrade Window
Figure 2. Install Prerequisites Window
Do not click Cancel, unless you need to halt installation and apply an update to SQL Server software. Seconds later, the installer continues and the progress of each step is shown.The XMS database processing step takes the most time and may show no progress for 15 minutes. This reflects normal operation. Also, for very large databases, this upgrade step may take as long as 30 minutes to complete because of the extensive database refactoring that is required.Notes:
- If .NET Framework 4.7.2 is missing from the computer, the Metasys Server upgrade is paused at this point and the .NET Framework 4.7.2 components are installed now, then the computer restarts. After the restart, the Metasys Server upgrade automatically resumes.
- If the user message
If you proceed with the upgrade process, the following Metasys users will be locked out and cannot login: FipsLockUsers.txtappears during the upgrade process, cancel the upgrade process. Then, for each affected user, set a new password and verify that the Never Expire property under Account Policy is not set. The FipsLockUsers.txt file (located under C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\) lists the user accounts that you need to fix. Additionally, for all other Metasys users, set a new password for any user who has not changed their password in more than two years. Then, restart the upgrade process.
- If the error message
Install complete, but exceptions during historian database upgradeappears on the Complete screen of the Metasys Server 13.0 software setup, use the Metasys Post Install (MPI) Database tool to complete necessary data type conversion work before you restart the computer. For details, refer to the Database Tools Commissioning Guide (LIT-12012254).
- After all upgrade steps have finished, the Metasys Server Setup Complete box
- Click Restart Now: a restart is needed to make the changes on your computer. After the restart, continue with the next step.
- Click Finish: a restart is not needed, but we recommend that you restart anyway because the licensing service, also updated, often requires a restart. After restarting and logging on the computer, proceed to the next step.
- If you disabled antivirus software before you began installing the Metasys Server software, after the computer restarts, log in and re-enable the software.
- (Optional) If the site is trending large amounts of data, resize the MSMQ limitation. For details, refer to Message Queue Size Considerations in the ADS/ADX Commissioning Guide (LIT-1201645).
- License the Metasys Server with the Software Manager, which is installed with the server. For details, refer to Software Manager Help (LIT-12012389).