Follow the steps in this section if want to install the Metasys Server software with the default options.
- Obtain the Metasys Server installation file (MetasysServer_13.0.exe) and Metasys Server data file (MetasysServer_13.0.data). Store both files in the same location.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the location of the Metasys Server installation and data files.
- Right-click MetasysServer_13.0.exe and select Run as Administrator. Enter the Administrator's user credentials if prompted. The setup window appears.
- Click Install on the Metasys Server setup screen. The
Initializing screen appears.
Do not click Cancel. You can apply any updates after the installer completes. Seconds later, the installer continues and the progress of each step is shown. As part of installation, SQL Server 2019 Express is installed for you if the computer does not have a supported version of SQL Server Express software. Also, if the setup program requires a restart during installation, it prompts you, then resumes installation after the restart.Note: If .NET Framework 4.7.2 or 4.8 is missing from the computer, the Metasys Server installation is paused at this point and the .NET Framework 4.7.2 or 4.8 components are installed now, then the computer restarts. After the restart, the Metasys Server installer automatically resumes.
- After all installation steps have finished, the Metasys Server Setup
Complete window appears.
- Click Restart Now: a restart is needed to make the changes on your computer. After the restart, continue with the next step.
- Click Finish: a restart is not needed. Proceed to the next step.
- If you disabled antivirus software before you began installing the Metasys Server software, after the computer restarts, log in and re-enable the software.
- (Optional) If the site is trending large amounts of data, resize the MSMQ limitation. For details, refer to Message Queue Size Considerations in the ADS/ADX Commissioning Guide (LIT-1201645) .
- License the Metasys Server with the Software Manager, which is installed with the server. For details, refer to Software Manager Help (LIT-12012389).