Keep in mind this information about upgrading the Metasys system software:
- Upgrade to SCT Release 13.2 if your computer has the Metasys Server software that is at Release 10.1. You must have SCT 13.2 to add and commission the new SNC and SNE engines.
- When you upgrade an archive database to Release 13.2, the site is upgraded to Release 10.1, but its network engines can continue to run at, and be managed with, Metasys Release 5.2 and later. However, if you have a mixed site with network engines at older releases, make sure that you disable Advanced Security on the Metasys Server and on all devices that report to the server.
With SCT at Release 13.2, you can still add supervisory devices at older releases, but only from Metasys Release 5.2 and later. For example, if you upgrade the Site Director to Release 10.1, you can add and maintain supervisory engines at Releases 5.2, 8.1, 9.0.7, 10.0, and 10.1. However, you cannot add or maintain supervisory engines that are at a later release than the Site Director. For example, if the Site Director is at Release 10.0, you can add engines at Releases 5.2, 8.1, and 10.0, but you cannot add engines at Release 10.1.
- You can configure your Metasys site into logical representation of spaces and equipment. However, you cannot edit spaces and equipment in the SMP UI.
- You can upgrade devices to the latest release at any time.
- If you are upgrading SCT from Release 11.0 or earlier, you must uninstall the older release of SCT before installing Release 13.2. However, if you are upgrading SCT from Release 11.1 or later, you can upgrade to SCT 13.2 without uninstalling the older release of SCT.
- When you install SCT, the software is configured with a self-signed certificate by default. To indicate the security level, an orange connection status icon appears on the SCT login and user interface screens.
As part of upgrading network engines, use SCT to download their archive databases after the upgrade is complete. The download also restores the Security System database. After the download completes, issue the Archive Device command to each downloaded N40-class device (NAE35, NIE39, NAE45, NIE49, NCE25, or NIE29s) to ensure that the security database is archived to non-volatile memory. This step is not required for N50-class devices (NAE55s and NIE59s).
- You can view the upgrade logs with SCT. To view the upgrade logs, use the Upgrade Log option under the Diagnostics menu.