About this task
Important: Before copying a security database, verify that the Item Reference of the device in the SCT matches (case-sensitive) the Item Reference of the same device in the online mode.
- Select Security Copy from the Tools Menu in SCT. The Security Copy wizard appears.
- Select the source security database to be copied or restored and click Next.
- Select the devices to copy the security database to.
- Select the security copy schedule method and click Next.
Enter the physical Site Director's current MetasysSysAgent account password in the Site Login window. Click Test Login to verify credentials.
Figure 1. Security Copy Site Login
- If the source security database you are copying is at Release 8.0 or later, enter the MetasysSysAgent password from the archive and click Test Login.
- Specify the operation retry value and click Next.
- Review the security copy summary information and click Finish. The ActionQ window appears after clicking Finish on the Summary screen of the wizard. See ActionQ Overview for information on monitoring the progress of the copy.
- After copying a security database on an Engine only, log in to the Site Director Engine as the MetasysSysAgent or BasicSysAgent user and change the password as desired using the Change Password option from the Tools menu. The password you select must meet the requirements for complex passwords. For details, refer to the Network and IT Guidance for the BAS Professional Technical Bulletin (LIT-12011279).