About this task
Note: Before creating a Trend Study, create a Trend extension. See Setting Up Trend Studies (Overview) for details.
- From the Insert Menu, select Trend Study.
- Follow the Trend Study’s wizard steps. The new study appears in the Navigation Tree.
- Drag the study to the Panel Layout.
- On the Definition View, click Edit and configure the fields (see Trend Study Definition View) as you want them.
- Add trend items to the Trend Item table using the add button. The Select Item window appears.
Select one or more trend items.
- Multiple selection adds multiple items.
- All non-trend items appear dimmed. If everything appears dimmed in the Select Item tree, check to see if you have at least one object with a Trend Extension and/or that Engine devices from other sites are storing samples in the Metasys server (if applicable).
- Click OK. See Adding New Trend Items to the Trend Study.
- Click Save.
Click the Chart or Table buttons to see
trended data in the specific format.
Note: If nothing appears in the chart or table, check to see if you have samples in your study range and adjust if necessary.