Equipment Definitions are used to display information about a piece of equipment and include common points like zone temp and supply air temp. Equipment definitions are used to populate equipment summaries in the Metasys UI.
The Rapid Archive feature builds equipment definitions for each controller template existing in your archive that does not have a linked equipment definition. Importing equipment definitions allows you to bind the same definition to multiple controller templates, which simplifies the data that appears in the Metasys UI.
Linking Equipment Definitions to Controller Templates
- We recommend Rapid Archive users create generic equipment definitions that cover multiple devices such as singular AHU, VAV, or CHWS definitions.
- If you do not link equipment definitions to controller templates before using the Rapid Archive wizard, the wizard automatically creates equipment definitions for each controller template with linked definitions.
- Open the controller template in a focus window and select the Configuration tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Browse icon to open the Select Item wizard.
- Navigate to the equipment definition and select the definition.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.