About this task
Note: When performing an Equipment Discovery Search, the criteria searches Username attributes of the points.
- Create or locate the equipment definition you would like the equipment to reference.
Using the equipment tab, find the equipment whose equipment definition you want to change. You can select more than one equipment item by using Ctrl+click or Shift+click.
You can also use global search to find the equipment. Go to. Search for the equipment and then multi-select the equipment in the search results.
- Right-click the selected equipment and click Modify.
- In the Global Modify window, select the Definition link and click the Browse button. The Select Item window appears.
- Select the desired definition. Click OK.
- Click Send.
- In the All Items tree, right-click the newly referenced equipment definition and click Open in Discovery.
- Select the equipment you changed the equipment definition for and click Rediscover.
- Click Save.