About this task
If you have a Technician License, PVT can only run in Interactive mode. To retrieve and activate a Technician License, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the Johnson Controls License Portal and log on with your Johnson Controls user name and password.
- Under the My Tech Licenses tab, click the New Tech License button.
- On the next screen, search and select the product for PVT.
On the next screen, accept the terms and conditions.
Note: When the system generates a request to create a Technician License, the first two requests are auto approved and any subsequent requests are sent to the employee's manager or direct supervisor for approval.
When the License is approved, navigate to the My Tech Licenses tab and click the actions
- To retrieve the product key to use for license activation in online mode, click View Product Key and copy the product key from the pop up window.
- To download the file for offline license activation, select Start a New Offline Activation and provide the system ID of the machine, and click Next Verify the machine tag and click Next. Download the file for offline activation.
- Navigate to the Software Manager and click Add License.
- On the pop up window, click Online with product key or Offline with a License Activation File.