To upgrade the Metasys Export Utility, you must uninstall the current version of the software and then install the new version.
- If the Metasys Export Utility Schedule Controller icon is visible in the Windows taskbar, right-click the Metasys Export Utility icon and click Exit.
- In Metasys Export Utility and select Uninstall. right-click
- A Windows progress indicator displays progress during the uninstall process. The progress indicator remains until the Metasys Export Utility is removed.
- Several question boxes appear, depending on your configuration. Select
Automatically close applications and attempt to restart after
setup is complete and click
OK.Note: Following this step, a series of dialog boxes appears. Any of these dialog boxes may appear behind the uninstallation progress indicator. If this happens, move the progress indicator to make a selection in the dialog box. If you do not move the progress bar so that you can make a selection, you cannot continue uninstalling.
- A dialog box to delete the definitions folder appears. Click No.
- A dialog box to uninstall the License Activator appears. Click No.
- A dialog box to delete the ScheduleInfo file appears. Click No.
- The progress indicator disappears when the uninstallation is
complete.Note: You do not receive a confirmation that the uninstallation was successful. However, the Metasys Export Utility icons and shortcuts disappear from your desktop and startup menu.
- Restart the computer. The Metasys Export Utility is now uninstalled.Go to Default Installation of Metasys Export Utility and install the new version of the software.