Use the import new device action to add a device to an existing trunk. The resource file required to add a new device varies on the type of device you want to add to the trunk. For example, to add a BACnet FxC controller to a trunk, you need a CAF resource file that includes the details related to the points. To add a BACnet FxC controller to a trunk, complete the following steps:
About this task
- From the All Items tree, select the trunk.
- Right-click the selected trunk, and click Import New Device.
- In the Import New Device - Type window, select the BACnet FxC Controller icon, and click Next.
- Click the Resource File ellipses and browse to your CAF resource file.
- Click Open.
- In the Unique ID field, enter a unique ID for your device.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your device.
- In the Description field, enter a description for your device.
- Click .
- To add points to the controller, select the points, and click the > icon.
- Click Finish.