To create multiple copies of a field device node with a number series, complete the following steps:
About this task
- From the All Items tree, select the node that you want to copy.
- Right-click the selected node, and click Multiple Copy.
- Select the node under which you want to paste the copied node.
- Right-click the selected node, and click Multiple Paste.
- In the Base ID field, enter a unique object ID name and include the placeholder number character #.
- Optional: In the Name field, enter a new name.
- In the Start field, enter the number you want for the start of the series.
- In the End field, enter the number you want for the end of the series.
- In the Step field, enter the number you want to increment the series.
- From the Format list, select the number format you want for the series.
Optional: To provide an automatic
address for controller nodes, select the Automatic
Address Assignment check box.
Note: The Automatic Address Assignment is valid for only FEC, N2, LON, and BACnet devices.
- Optional: To automatically update the references to other objects and the aliases strings for graphic in alarm extensions, select the Update Object References and Aliases check box.
- Click OK.