About this task
Important: The LIP tool is not FIPS 140-2 compliant. If you install LIP on a FIPS 140-2 compliant Site Director, you must uninstall LIP after you add the additional languages.The following procedure and download applies to the LIP 6.0, which is compatible with Metasys 12.0. You can upgrade the LIP from 3.0, 4.0, 4.1, or 5.0 to 6.0 without uninstalling the older version. Before starting, make sure to verify and update the language settings. For details, refer to the Microsoft documentation. To install the LIP tool, Metasys language packs, and GGT language packs, complete the following steps:
- Use a web browser to navigate to the License Portal.
- On the Software tab, locate the Language Installation Program (LIP) product and download it to your local computer.
Go to the location where you saved the file, and double-click
- On the Metasys Language Program 6.0 Setup window, click Install or Upgrade.
- To complete the installation, follow the setup wizard. When the installation finishes, you do not need to restart your computer.
To confirm the installation, go to the desktop, double-click the LIP shortcut, and click Help > About.
Note: After you install the LIP files, you must install the Metasys language packs for all the languages that you want. For information on the compatible languages, see LIP and language pack compatibility. You need to make sure that the language codes in your language packs folder match the language codes in the LIP application. To view the list, click Settings > Translate LIP.
- See Obtaining and installing language packs for more information on installing language packs.
- To use the LIP, double-click the LIP icon on your desktop. For more information, refer to Language Installation Program Help (LIT-12011349) .