Consider the following important issues when you use the LIP:
- The LIP does not apply any language packs or configure regional settings to your computer’s operating system (OS). If you want to change your operating system language, consult your Windows OS documentation before using the LIP.
- The Select Application list shows locally installed Metasys servers and applications. The LIP cannot change the language for a remote Metasys server or application. If local applications do not appear in the list, LIP did not find any applicable products on your computer.
- Before you change a language, make sure the release of the language files matches the release of the Metasys server, application, or engine that you want to change. Use the Settings > Language Files Location menu option to point the LIP to the correct location of the language files for your release.
- The folder name and location for Metasys software language packs is different from the folder name and location for Graphic Generation Tool language packs. Make sure that you select the correct folder for the languages files appropriate for the product you want. For example, if you want language files for Metasys software, the folder name is Metasys_v12.0 Language Packs v6.0.x.xxx. If you want language files for the GGT, the folder name is Graphic Generation Tool 1.3 Language Packs.
- If you make a language change to an NAE85 or LCS85 Site Management Portal while logged in, the LIP restarts the computer. Keep this in mind when planning the language change.
- A language change to a network engine occurs only at that engine, and not to its Site Director. For more information on supported engines, see Table 1.
- The default language for Metasys Advanced Reporting System is the same default language as the ADS/ADX/OAS/NAE85/LCS85 it is installed on. When the default language on the server (ADS/ADX/OAS/NAE85/LCS85) changes, verify that the new language is available as an additional language for the Metasys Advanced Reporting System (ADX only).
- For each user, you can customize the language that displays in the Metasys UI and Metasys Advanced Reporting System by using the Tools > User Profile menu on the Site Management Portal UI. From Release 10.1, to change your display language, use the My Profile user menu option in Metasys UI. Verify that any languages that you want to view on the Metasys UI and Metasys Advanced Reporting System are also installed on the server.
Type of network engine
- The site default language that is set on the OS must be the same as the default language for all network engines on the site.