About this task
- Start the LIP tool.
- In the Language Pack(s) location window, verify, or change if necessary the file location of the product's translated language packs. Click OK.
In the Select
Application list, select the Metasys server, application, or
Note: If you select an engine from the Select Application list, the Metasys Login dialog box appears.
To establish communication between the LIP and the engine, complete
the credentials in the Metasys Login
Figure 1. Metasys Login screen
- In the Connection Type area, click Hostname or IP Address.
- If you select IP Address, enter the IP address of the site director.
- In the
Device Hostname (SiteDirector:DeviceName)
field, enter the name of the Site Director followed by the network engine
name using the following case sensitive format:
<Site Director Hostname:Network Engine Hostname>.
- In the Username and Password fields, type valid login credentials for the engine.
- Click Test Login. This process may take over a minute to complete. If you receive an error message during the connection process, refer to the Troubleshooting section in the Language Installation Program Help (LIT-12011349).
When the connection is made the LIP fields refresh to reflect the connection to the engine. One of the following user messages appears:
- Warning - The NxE will restart automatically after the LIP applies the requested language change.
- Warning - The NxE/LCS will restart automatically after the LIP applies the requested language change. The computer operating system will be restarted.
In the Default Language field, select a
language and locale. Click Change.
Note: If you selected an engine from the Select Application list, the following message appears:
NxE is now restarting. Depending on the engine, the restart can take from 3 to 20 minutes to complete.
To clear the message, click OK. The Results window displays the progress of the request change and the system saves the results to a text file called
log.txt. To open the results, click the Results hyperlink. If the Results window contains an error message, refer to the Troubleshooting section in the Language Installation Program Help (LIT-12011349).
In the Default Language
area, in the In Use field, verify that
the language and locale are correct.
If you selected the Metasys server and want to add additional languages, see Adding a language.