About this task
- Start the LIP tool.
- In the Language Pack(s) location window, verify, or change if necessary the file location of the product's translated language packs. Click OK.
- In the Settings menu, select Localization.
In the Select Application list, select
an engine. For example, to change the locale for an NAE55 Site Management
Portal, select N50 Class Device (See Help for
N50 Class devices include the NAE55, NIE59, SNE, and SNC.
To establish communication between the LIP and the engine, complete
the credentials in the Metasys Login
Figure 1. Metasys Login screen
- In the Connection Type area, click Hostname or IP Address.
- If you select IP Address, enter the IP address of the site director.
- In the
Device Hostname (SiteDirector:DeviceName)
field, enter the name of the Site Director followed by the network engine
name using the following case sensitive format:
<Site Director Hostname:Network Engine Hostname>.
- In the Username and Password fields, type valid login credentials for the engine.
- Click Test Login. This process may take over a minute to complete. If you receive an error message during the connection process, refer to the Troubleshooting section in the Language Installation Program Help (LIT-12011349).
When the connection is made the LIP fields refresh to reflect the connection to the engine. One of the following user messages appears:
- Warning - The NxE will restart automatically after the LIP applies the requested language change.
- Warning - The NxE/LCS will restart automatically after the LIP applies the requested language change. The computer operating system will be restarted.
Note: If an engine restart is not possible at this time, do not proceed to the next step.
- In the Language area, select a language.
In the Country Locale area, click
Change. This following message
NxE is now restarting. Depending on the engine, the restart can take from 5 to 20 minutes to complete
Click OK to clear the message. The Results window displays the
progress of the request change and the system saves the results to a text file called
log.txt. To open the results, click the Results hyperlink. If the Results window contains an error message, refer to the Troubleshooting section in the Language Installation Program Help (LIT-12011349).
In the Language and Country
Locale area, in the In
use field, verify that the details are correct.
If you selected the Metasys server and want to add additional languages, see Adding a language.