About this task
Important: To change the language for a Metasys user interface, log out and close the web browser window. Also, make sure that all remote clients log out of the ADS/ADX, OAS, SCT, NAE85, LCS85, Metasys Advanced Reporting System, or Metasys UI.
Note: If you want to change the default language of the computer that hosts Metasys Advanced Reporting System to a language other than English, you must add English and the new default language as additional languages on the computer.
- Start the LIP tool.
- In the Language Pack(s) location window, verify, or change if necessary the file location of the product's translated language packs. Be aware that the Graphic Generation Tool (GGT) and the Metasys applications use separate language files. Click OK.
In the Select
Application list, select a product. For example, to change the
language for an ADS computer, select Metasys Server (ADS/ADX, OAS, NXE85, LCS8520) and Metasys
If you installed the products, the following list represents all options available:
- Metasys Server (ADS/ADX, OAS, NXE85, LCS8520) and Metasys UI
- Metasys Open Data Server (ODS)
- Advanced Reporting System (ARS)
- Johnson Controls System Configuration Tool (JCT)
- System Configuration Tool (SCT 10.x and above)
- N50 Class Device (See Help for Examples)
- N40 Class Device (See Help for Examples)
- For a language to appear in the Select Application list, you must install the language on the computer.
- If you select the GGT language files in Step 2, the only selection is Graphic Generation Tool (GGT).
- For the System Configuration Tool (SCT) from Release 10.0 and later and Metasys Advanced Reporting System (ARS), you must complete the authentication credentials for Microsoft SQL Server® database.
To establish communication between the LIP and the server,
complete the credentials in the SQL Settings
If you log on to the same machine that the SQL Server is installed on, complete the following steps:
If SQL Server is located on a different machine to the one you are working on, complete the following steps:
- Select the Use Default Database Instance check box. This disables the Instance Name field, and uses the local SQL Server instance on the current machine.
- Select the Use Windows Authentication check box. This disables the Username and Password fields, and uses the current Windows user to log on to SQL Server.
- In the Instance
Name field, type the domain and full SQL Server name in
the following format
- To determine the SQL Server instance, start the SQL Server Configuration Manager for your version of SQL Server.
- In the left pane, click SQL Server Services.
- In the right pane, the name of the SQL Server instance
is in parentheses, for example
MSSQLSERVER. Click OK.
- In the Username and Password fields, type your SQL Server log on credentials.
In the Default Language area, select a
language and click Change. A
Restart Metasys window appears to notify you that the
system logs out any user currently logged in. To proceed with changing the
default language, click OK. The
Results window displays the status of your request,
and the system saves the results to a text file called
log.txt. To open the results, click the Results hyperlink. If the Results window contains an error message, see Troubleshooting.
In the Default
Language area, in the In
Use field, verify that the language is correct.
If you selected the Metasys server and want to add additional languages, see Adding a language.
- If you changed the language for the Metasys server or Metasys UI, restart the server now for the change to take effect.