- Start the LIP tool.
In the Select
Application list, select a Metasys server or application. The
following is a list for products that can accept additional languages:
Note: When you add a language to JCT, you must also add the language to SCT.Note: For the System Configuration Tool (SCT) from Release 10.0 and later and Metasys Advanced Reporting System (ARS), you must complete the authentication credentials for Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Metasys Server (ADS/ADX, OAS, NXE85, LCS8520) and Metasys UI
- Metasys Open Data Server (ODS)
- Advanced Reporting System (ARS)
- Johnson Controls System Configuration Tool (JCT)
- System Configuration Tool (SCT 10.x and above)
- N50 Class Device (See Help for Examples)
- N40 Class Device (See Help for Examples)
To establish communication between the LIP and the server,
complete the credentials in the SQL Settings
If you log on to the same machine that the SQL Server is installed on, complete the following steps:
If SQL Server is located on a different machine to the one you are working on, complete the following steps:
- Select the Use Default Database Instance check box. This disables the Instance Name field, and uses the local SQL Server instance on the current machine.
- Select the Use Windows Authentication check box. This disables the Username and Password fields, and uses the current Windows user to log on to SQL Server.
- In the Instance
Name field, type the domain and full SQL Server name in
the following format
- To determine the SQL Server instance, start the SQL Server Configuration Manager for your version of SQL Server.
- In the left pane, click SQL Server Services.
- In the right pane, the name of the SQL Server instance
is in parentheses, for example
MSSQLSERVER. Click OK.
- In the Username and Password fields, type your SQL Server log on credentials.
- In the Additional Languages area, in the Available field, select the language you want. Click Add.
The Results window
displays the progress of the status of your request, and the system saves the
results to a text file called
log.txt. To open the results, click the Results hyperlink. If the Results window contains an error message, see Troubleshooting. During the process, a blank window opens, on successful completion, the window closes.
In the Additional Languages area, in the
In Use field, verify that the language is
If the language you added was for an ADS/ADX computer, and the computer also has the Metasys UI or Metasys Advanced Reporting System installed, repeat these steps to add additional languages, or to add the same language for other products that are installed on the same machine.
- Restart the machine for the change to take effect.