Locate the software driver folder found in Step 1 of Installing the new LonWorks software driver. Use
the following file path if you are unsure of the software driver folder’s
C:\Program Files (x86)\Johnson Controls\LCS8520\X.X.X.XXXX\Easylon-wdm_vx.x.xxxx-JCI (where X is the Metasys software release and build number, and x is the software driver version number).
In the software driver file folder, open the EasyCheck
Setup.exe, and select Run as Administrator.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation. Accept the default installation location: C:\Easylon.
- When the EasyCheck application installation is complete, open the RniLonCl.Svc folder.
FastUpd.exeif you are installing driver upgrades over existing drivers; or, if you followed all instructions and removed the necessary drivers before upgrading, double-click
FastInst.exe.Important: Do not run
FastInst.exeif the RNI client software and LON Adapters are not removed in advance. Problems can arise when multiple LON Adapters exist.The file installs the RNI client driver.
- Install the application in the default directory C:\Easylon.
EasyCheckin the Search box of the Start screen.
- Select EasyCheck from the Apps results.
- See Checking the LonWorks software driver version to verify the installed driver.