Use the Automation Studio to program the PLC modules. To install the Automation Studio, complete the following steps:
About this task
Note: User Access Control prompts a time out after 2 minutes. If it is not accepted during this time, the install fails. If you install Automation Studio without supervision, launch the install from a command line with Administrator priviledges, for example, Run as administrator.
- Accept the License Agreement. This covers Johnson Controls and the Software Manager (SM), B&R and the use of Automation Studio and Runtime.
The install wizard prompts you for install rights for
Multiple windows pop-up during this time.
The install takes 40 to 60 minutes, do not restart or power down the computer during this time.
- The install prompts you for install rights for 4.8.3_SP111.
After installing the ServicePack the primary install is
complete. Close the primary install window.
- For JCI-PLCSWAS-1, a separate install for SM launches. Refer to the Software Manager Installation Guide (LIT-12012388), for more information.
- For 0TG-SWAS.SNG-01, proceed to Step 6.
Apply the Johnson Controls Software License. It may take up to
two minutes for Automation Studio to be licensed.
- For JCI-PLCSWAS-1, apply the Johnson Controls Software License. It can take up to two minutes for the Automation Studio program to be licensed.
- For 0TG-SWAS.SNG-01, insert the USB key dongle into the USB host slot on your device. You need the USB key everytime you launch the application.
- To verify that the B&R license has been applied, open the CodeMeter. A license should appear from Bernecker + Rainer Industrie Elektronik.