You need to install certain components such as .NET, or device drivers, before you install Automation Studio.
About this task
- Download the installation package to a temporary directory, and unzip it. The folder includes the MSI file and the AddOn folder.
- Open the AddOn folder under Johnson Controls Automation Studio install. To launch the installer, double-click AutomationStudio_PreInstall.exe.
- Accept the Users Access Control (UAC) prompt that appears. Click Yes to proceed to the welcome screen.
- Click Next to proceed to the install location screen.
- Use the default install location, and click Install.
- Multiple windows appear as the prerequisites install. Depending on the changes you need, you may need to reboot the machine multiple times.
- Restart the machine.
- When the install completes, the CodeMeter service is visible in the Notification Area. Once licensed, the CodeMeter status is blue in color.