This alarm occurs in the event that the damper is physically blocked from traveling its full stroke. In this case, the field stroke time is detected to be shorter than the user-entered value for the supply damper stroke time.
About this task
To detect that the field stroke time is shorter than the user-entered value, complete the following steps:
- In the All Items tree, locate the damper percent command object.
- Right-click on the object.
- Click Show Extensions. The Extension Wizard appears.
- Click New on the Alarm row.
- Click Other to select an attribute other than Present Value.
- Select Reliability from the list of attributes.
Click Next. The Configuration dialog window
- In the Name text box, type a name for the value.
- In the Normal State text box, set the value to Reliable.
- In the Alarm Setup section, make the necessary adjustments according to your preference.
Click Next. Set up of
this alarm is now complete.
Note: When the value of the Reliability attribute turns to Stall During Post, it indicates that the damper is jammed. If this occurs, the damper actuator will not respond to any commands.
To reset the device, complete the following steps:
Note: If SMP is not accessible, to clear the fault and return the reliability back to Reliable, power cycle the CV series controller.
- Right-click on the device in SMP.
- Select Command.
- Select the radio button for Reset Field Device in the Command window.
- Click Send.