About this task
- Select the BACnet Integration object within the supervisory controller.
On the Insert menu, select Field
Device. The Insert Field Device Wizard,
Destination screen appears. Select the BACnet Integration item
and click Next. The Insert Field Device
Wizard, Select Definition Mode screen
Note: If no BACnet Integration object appears, follow the procedures in Adding a BACnet Integration object.
Select Assisted and click the Invoke Auto
Discovery bar. The Wizard Auto Detect Utility
starts. If auto discovery has not already been performed, it begins
immediately. If the Wizard Auto Detect Utility does not
start automatically, click Restart.
Note: The supervisory controller must be online with the devices on the BACnet/IP network to use Auto Discovery. When Auto Discovery is complete, a list of discovered devices appears.Figure 1. Auto Detect Utility screen
- Select a device from the list to start the item creation process for that device.
- Follow the wizard’s prompts. At the configuration screen of the BACnet device, the Instance Number, Name, and Item Reference fields fill in automatically with the auto-discovered data from the BACnet device. The Item Reference comes from the remote device BACnet Object Identifier, and the Name defaults to the BACnet Object Name of the BACnet device object. The NAE Navigation Tree uses the Name. Change the Name field manually, if desired, by clicking the Edit button. The BACnet Object Name in the device is not changed.
- Complete the Insert Field Device screens by accepting the defaults. The Add Extensions Wizard starts.
Add extensions by clicking New for the desired extension
and completing the wizard prompts that appear.
Note: Adding extensions to attributes of the BACnet device is uncommon so most users can skip this step.
- When finished adding extensions, click Done. The Insert Field Points Wizard starts.
- Go to Mapping BACnet Field Points using Auto Discovery or Mapping BACnet Field Points manually.