About this task
The following process is applicable to online configuration in the Site Management Portal UI or offline configuration in the SCT. These procedures assume both an online configuration and a connection between the NAE and the same network as the BACnet system or the integrating devices.
The SCT contains no Engineering or Diagnostics views, as these are online features. In addition, to use Auto Discovery, the system must be online and connected to a BACnet network of devices.
On the Insert menu, select Integration. The
Insert Integration Wizard, Select Object
Type screen appears.
Figure 1. Insert Integration Wizard (Select Object Type)
- Select BACnet IP and click Next. The Destination screen appears.
- Select the NAE/SNx to which to add the BACnet Integration object. After selecting the device, click Next. The Identifier screen appears.
- Enter a unique name for the BACnet network of devices to integrate and click Next. The Configuration screen appears.
- In most cases, accept the default Configuration parameters. (Refer to the BACnet Integration object in Metasys SMP Help (LIT-1201793) for a complete definition of the parameters.) Click Next to accept the defaults. The Summary screen appears.
- To change anything, click Back. If the Summary looks acceptable, click Finish to create the BACnet Integration object. You can now add extensions to the new object.
Add extensions as desired and click Done when finished.
The Wizard closes.
Figure 2. Ethernet IP Datalink Integration
- After adding a BACnet Integration object, map the BACnet devices on the network to the NAE. Verify that the network address and port for this integration match the devices you are adding to this integration. See Figure 2.