About this task
Add trend, totalization, alarm, load, and averaging extensions to increase the functionality of a field device or field point object.
After creating a field device object or a field point object, the Extension Wizard automatically starts (skip to Step 3).
- Select an object.
- On the Action menu, select Show Extensions. The Extension Wizard starts.
- Click New in the row next to the desired type of extension. Follow the prompts on the Wizard that appears. See Adding a Trend Extension, Adding a Totalization Extension, or Adding an Alarm Extension for more information.
- Follow the prompts to configure the extension and click Finish when done. The Extension Wizard appears with the new extension listed in the appropriate row.
- Click Done after adding the needed extensions. If the Extension Wizard launches automatically after creating the new field device object, the Field Device Extension screen opens next.
- Add field points under the newly created controller object by clicking New in the Field Points panel of the Field Device Extension Wizard. See Manually adding BACnet MS/TP (Field Bus) Field Devices (online or offline) for instructions on adding BACnet MS/TP points.