Device Discovery Range—This attribute is a list
of filters arranged so that a device that matches any of the list entries
displays in the Auto Discovery list. The default attribute value is no
entries, which allows all reachable devices to be discovered. Each list
entry has the following parts:
- Broadcast Type - This
entry filters the scope of the device discovery process at a
BACnet network level. This entry has three options:
- Local - Discovers devices only on the local BACnet/IP network (network number zero  is defined by BACnet as the local network).
- Remote - Discovers devices only on a particular BACnet network that must be specified.
- Global - Discovers devices on all BACnet networks that are reachable (network number 65535 is defined by BACnet as the global broadcast network number).
- Network Number - The network number can only be entered when the Broadcast Type is set to Remote.
- Device Instance Low Limit - Each BACnet device is required to have a unique instance number at a site. The Device Instance Low Limit value specifies the lowest device instance number discovered on a network. The range for this value is 0 to 4194303. A device with an instance number zero is not discovered when using this filter.
- Device Instance High Limit - The Device Instance High Limit value specifies the highest device instance number discovered on a network. The range for this value is 1 to 4194303 and must be at least one number greater than the Device Instance Low Limit. A device cannot have an instance number higher than the range limit.
- Broadcast Type - This entry filters the scope of the device discovery process at a BACnet network level. This entry has three options:
Preserve Discovered Devices—This attribute determines whether devices discovered during a previous Auto Discovery operation are preserved during subsequent Auto Discovery operations. If the attribute is set to True, devices previously discovered are preserved. If the attribute is set to False, then devices previously discovered are not preserved. By default, this attribute is set to True.
Set the attribute to True to collect an inclusive list of devices by performing discovery multiple times with different filter settings.Set the attribute to False to narrow the discovery list to the current filter settings.Note: The observed list consists of devices found on the last Auto Discovery. The preserved list is an internal list that the user can not view. The preserved list contains all devices found on all previous Auto Discoveries for as long as the Preserve Discovered Devices flag is checked.
Discover All As General BACnet Device— If the attribute is set to True, the BACnet/IP integration allows for the discovery of JCI supervisory controllers. On both IP and MS/TP integrations the devices are discovered as general BACnet devices rather than JCI Family BACnet devices and this prevents you from using JCI enhanced BACnet features. However, setting the attribute to False does not prevent the discovery of JCI IP field devices as JCI IP field devices are always discovered on the BACnet/IP integration.Note: If you change the attribute after running Auto Discovery, we recommend you restart the supervisory controller when configuration is complete.
Requested Vendor ID—The BACnet Vendor ID is a numerical value assigned to the vendor of the device. By default, this attribute is empty (or at zero), allowing all vendors to be discovered. If a number other than zero is entered, only devices with a matching vendor ID display in the discovery list. BACnet maintains a list of vendor IDs at http://www.bacnet.org.
Page Size—This attribute filter applies only to point object discovery within a single device, and limits the number of displayed objects to a quantity within the display capability of the Site Management Portal (SMP) UI. When the page size reaches the limit, click Restart on the object discovery list to move to the next page. If you click Restart on the last page of the discovery list, the object discovery runs again and produces a new page 1. The range of point objects displayed per page is 10 to 1,000.