About this task
You must complete some of the steps in this section at a specific time. For example, press a specific key during the boot process. Read all of the instructions and identify the time critical steps before you start the process. To restore the ADS/ADX Turnkey, complete the following steps:
- Place the Turnkey recovery media in the DVD drive.
- Restart the Turnkey computer.
For an ADS Turnkey, complete the following steps:
- Press F2 during the Turnkey boot process to display the BIOS settings.
- In the navigation tree, expand General, and then click Boot Sequence.
- In the Boot Sequence pane, select the UEFI: PLDS DVD+-RW boot device, and then click the up arrow until the boot device is at the top of the list.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Click Exit.
- If the Press any key to boot from CD or DVD message appears, press any key to begin the restore process. If the Windows OS starts, restart the computer and try again.
- Click OK to begin the restore process.
- When you see a confirmation message that the recovery process is complete, click OK to restart the system. Keep the media in the drive as the restore process shuts down.
- After the computer restarts, eject the media from the drive. If the Press any key to boot from CD message appears again, do not press any key while this message is displayed or the restore process begins again.