- Start Launcher, and then log on to the SCT.
- If you want to use an existing archive, open the archive and skip to 8. Alternatively, to use a new archive, continue to the next step.
- From the Item menu, click New Archive.
- Enter a unique name for the new archive, select Empty Archive, and then click Create. When you are asked to create a new site, click Yes.
Follow the Insert Site Wizard to
create a site.
Note: The order of the time zones in the Metasys software does not match the order that they are presented in the Windows operating system. Expand the time zone display if you need to view the exact time zone name.
- In the Create Device dialog box, select Server from the list, and then click OK.
- Follow the instructions in the Insert Metasys server wizard until you reach the Identifier page. On the Identifier page, enter the original ADS/ADX computer name from 10 of Preparing the Turnkey computer, and then complete the steps in the wizard.
- Select the Metasys server in the All Items tree.
- From the Tools menu, click Manage Archive.
- On the Load Type page, select Upload from Device.
- Click Next on each page of the Load Wizard until you reach the Site Login page.
- On the Site Login page, enter the username and password, and then click Test Login. If the name of ADS/ADX in the archive does not match the computer’s name, the log in fails.
Click Next on each of page in Load Wizard
until you reach the Summary page, and then click
Note: If the upload is not successful, restart the computer and go to Step 1 in this section.
- After the upload is complete, right-click the Metasys server in the All Items tree, and then click Rename.
- In the New Name field, enter the new ADS/ADX name from 6 of Preparing the Turnkey computer.
- Click OK.
- From the Tools menu, click , and complete the steps to create a backup of the database.
- Exit the SCT.
- If you did not create a new ADX Turnkey archive for the Metasys Advanced Reporting System, go to Renaming the Turnkey computer. If you did create a new ADX Turnkey archive for the Metasys Advanced Reporting System, go to Configure the archive for the Advanced Reporting System.