- In Control Panel, click .
- Click Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click the local area connection and click Enable. If you have more than one local connection, be sure to enable the connection that you disabled in 8 in Preparing the Turnkey computer.
If the User Access Control dialog box appears, click
Note: Do not log on to the ADS/ADX at this time. It may be in an invalid state. Continue with the steps.
- Verify that the name in SQL Server Configuration Manager matches the new ADS/ADX name from 6 of Preparing the Turnkey computer. Click , where 201x is your version of SQL Server.
- In the tree in the left pane, click SQL Server Services. In the right pane, double-click SQL Server [instancename], where [instancename] is the name of your SQL Server instance.
In the SQL Server [instancename]
Properties box, click the Service
tab. Verify that the name in the Host Name field
matches the new
Note: It is normal for the name to appear in uppercase letters in the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Close all windows.
- Log on to the SCT.
- If you have any user views, open each user view in Edit mode in the SCT, use the Find/Replace function to change the name to the new name, and save the user view. The Site Director portion of the reference updates to match the new Site Director name.
Select the Metasys server in the All Items tree.
Note: At this time, it is normal for the site name to be the same as the original ADS/ADX name. Do not attempt to change the site name at this time.
- On the Tools menu, click Manage Archive.
- In the Type list box, select Download to Device.
Follow the wizard instructions to download the Metasys server.
Note: On the Device Change page, complete the following steps:
- Clear the Use this option to rename a device via download check box.
- Clear the Use this option to change a device address via download check box.
- When the download completes, exit the SCT. The status may also report Server requires a manual reset (571). This message is normal.
- Restart the ADS/ADX computer, then sign in to Windows.
- Go to Finalizing ADS or ADX Turnkey settings.