If the web/application server needs to be restarted during runtime, you can restart the computer without any special considerations.
If the database server needs to be restarted, you must restart both the database server and the web/application server computer. The database server must be restarted before the web/application server. If you do not restart the computers in this order, the ADX application detects that the database is unavailable and enters the Warm Start sequence.
If this happens, do the following:
- Shut down the database server.
- Shut down the web/application server.
- Start the database server.
- Wait until the database server and SQL Server software are running.
- Start the web/application server.