If the ADS/ADX encounters an error during startup, it logs the error to the ADSADX Log, then enters into a Warm Start retry sequence. This sequence is the ADS/ADX trying to restart. It continues to try restarting until it is successful or until you stop the Metasys III Device Manager service.
If you try to stop the Metasys III Device Manager Service while it is in this Warm Start sequence, it could take up to 5 minutes to stop. To work around this:
- Resolve any issue that
may be causing the Startup of the
ADS/ADX to fail. For example, the
SQL Server software may be offline. If the issue cannot be resolved, to prevent
ADS/ADX from continually restarting, do the
- Open Control Panel on the ADS/ADX computer and select .
- In the Services window, right-click Metasys III Device Manager and select Stop.
- Click OK and close all windows.
- In Control
Service Stoppedmessages in the Application folder for the MIIIDM source indicate that the Metasys III Device Manager stopped.Note: If the Metasys III Device Manager is not stopped, in the window, right-click Metasys III Device Manager and select Properties. Set startup type to Manual and restart the computer. The Device Manager does not start up.
- The ADS/ADX does not start on computer restart. You must start the Metasys III Device Manager service manually when necessary.
- Restart the ADS/ADX computer.