About this task
You can replace the standard Johnson Controls splash window with a custom image. For example, a customer's name, logo, or a photo of their facility can be shown as the Site Management Portal is loading. When choosing the image, follow these recommendations:
- Use digital image files of type .jpg or .png. Avoid bitmap files, which are not compressed and often have a very large file size.
For best results, configure the image dimensions for 800 x 600 pixels, the resolution as 96 dpi, and the color depth as 24 bit. Limit the file size to 100 KB or less. Use any photo editor, such as Microsoft Paint, to resize or reconfigure the image.
If you use an image with a light background, you may need to change the text color for the User Name and Password fields. The default color of these fields is white and may be almost invisible over a light background.
To change the login screen background, complete the following steps:
- Prepare the image to meet the recommendations provided at the beginning of this section.
Copy the image to this folder on the
computer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Johnson Controls\MetasysIII\UI
Also, delete any other image files at this folder location. The only image file in this folder should be the one you want to use.
- Open a text editor, such as Notepad, selecting the Run as Administrator option. (Highlight the text editor from the Programs list, right-click and select Run as Administrator. Specify the Administrator's password if the operating system prompts you.) Some computers require administrator access to make changes to system files.
- Open the FrameworkProperties.properties file on the ADS/ADX computer located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Johnson Controls\MetasysIII\UI\com\jci\framework.
In the login screen background section at the end of the properties file, specify the file name of the splash screen in the loginPaneBitmapURL parameter. Be sure to remove the # character at the front of the line as shown in the following example: l
If necessary, change the text color for the User Name and Password fields by setting the loginPaneTextColor parameter to a hexadecimal color code. Possible hex codes include: #FF0000 (red), #000000 (black), #0000FF (blue), or #FFFFFF (white). Be sure to remove the # character at the front of the line while keeping the # that precedes the hexadecimal color code, as shown in the following example (gray text):
- Save the FrameworkProperties.properties file.
Launch the Site Management Portal UI from the Launcher. Verify that the new background and text color appear.
- If the image file you specified is not found, the background defaults to solid blue. If the text is not visible, specify a different color using the loginPaneTextColor parameter.
- You may also change the splash screen for SCT. Follow these same instructions, but edit the FrameworkProperties.properties file on the SCT computer located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Johnson Controls\MetasysIII\ToolUI\com\jci\framework.