About this task
This section provides an overview of the steps to change the ADS/ADX name and the computer name. You must perform all the steps referenced in this section in the correct sequence.
Note: Beginning at Release 8.0, the Metasys Rename Assistant tool is included when the Metasys Database Manager is installed. This tool walks you through the rename steps outlined in this appendix in a wizard-like format.
- Start the Metasys Rename Assistant. See Starting the Metasys Rename Assistant.
- Connect to the local SQL server. See Connecting to the local SQL Server.
- Prepare the computer. See Preparing the computer.
- Prepare the archive. See Preparing the archive database.
- Uninstall the ADS/ADX and SCT software. See Uninstalling the Metasys software.
- Rename the computer. See Renaming the computer.
- Verify SQL Server software and Reporting Services functionality. See Verifying the SQL server software
- Reinstall the ADS/ADX and SCT software and rename the Site Director. See Reinstalling the Metasys software.
- Download the ADS/ADX Archive Database. See Downloading the Metasys archive database.
- Apply the ADS/ADX settings. See Applying the ADS/ADX settings.
- Apply the Launcher Settings. See Updating Launcher shortcuts and profiles.
- Upload the Archive Database. See Uploading the Metasys archive database.