The following steps describe the initial UVM Configuration Tools installation process and the specific data required by each tab.
About this task
Note: The Microsoft VB Powerpack 10 is not included with the Setup.exe program. You must download and install the Microsoft VB Powerpack 10 separately to ensure the tool launches.
To use the Microsoft.net architecture, open and run the
Setup.exe program to install the
Microsoft VB Powerpack 10.
If the Microsoft VB Powerpack 10 fails to install, use the following link to install the power pack manually:Note: The Setip.exe program address downloaded from the License Portal is UVM Configuration Tool.zip\UVM Configuration Tool\ValveLinModuleLabeler_v126.96.36.199.zip\ValveLinModuleLabeler\Setup.exe.
- Connect a USB-RS485 adaptor cable to the computer.
- Note which COM Port the RS485 cable is connected to. To determine which port the cable is connected to, click Control Panel >Device Manager >Ports (COM and LPT). To see which COM Port disappears and reappears from the screen, pull the USB plug out and plug it in again.
- Click Run to launch the configuration program. If any of the ports are not present, the associated port tab is highlighted in red.
- To manually change the RS485 COM Port settings or the ProgrammerPort settings, click the COM Port, ProgrammerPort, PowerSupplyPort, OEMProgPort, or MeterPort option on the Main Menu.
In the COM Port dialog box, select the
communications port that the RS485 is connected to. Set the baud rate to 9600 and click Set.
Note: Certain circumstances require the module to be upgraded to a later revision. If the module needs to be upgraded, repeat step 6.
- Connect the MSP-GANG programmer to the appropriate COM Port in the CommsPort drop down menu. Set the baud rate to 9600. To use the selected settings, click Set. If you do not need to use this port, click Cancel.