About this task
Observe the following location considerations when you mount the adapter:
- Ensure that the mounting surface can support the adapter and any other user-supplied enclosure.
- Mount the adapter on a hard, even surface, in the horizontal mounting position, whenever possible.
- If necessary, use shims or washers to mount the adapter securely and evenly on the mounting surface.
- Mount the adapter in an area where the ambient conditions are within the limits described in the Technical specifications section, and that is free of corrosive vapors.
- Provide for sufficient space around the adapter for cable and wire connections and adequate ventilation through the adapter. Leave at least 50 mm (2 in.) on the top, bottom, sides, and front of the adapter.
- Do not mount the adapter on surfaces prone to vibration, such as duct work, or in areas where electromagnetic emissions from other devices or wiring can interfere with adapter communication.
To mount an adapter directly on a wall or other flat vertical surface, complete the following steps:
- Pull down the two lower mounting clips and ensure that they are locked in the extended position.
Mark the mounting hole locations for each of the three mounting
clips on the wall. See the correct mounting positions in Figure 1 and Figure 2.
Note: You can hold the adapter up to the wall or surface to mark the hole locations through the mounting clips.
- Drill holes in the wall at the marked locations. If necessary, insert appropriate wall anchors in all three holes.
Hold the adapter in place, and insert the screws through the
mounting clips and into the holes. Carefully tighten all of the screws.
Important: Do not overtighten the mounting screws. Overtightening the screws may damage the mounting clips.Figure 1. Horizontal mounting position, preferred for wall mounting
Figure 2. Vertical mounting position, acceptable for wall mounting