The TE-63xxP-1 well models include a sensor holder with built-in thermowell adaptor. No additional well adaptor is required for installation when the sensor is used with TE-6300W thermowells. See Figure 1 and mount the sensor as follows:
About this task
Figure 1. Installing the Well Insertion Sensor
Note: Add thermal grease (F-1000-182, or equivalent) before inserting the probe if the well does not include thermal grease. For proper sensor function, mount the well so that any condensation that forms drains out of the probe.
- Remove the sensor holder from the conduit box. See Securing or removing the Sensor holder.
- Loosen the sensor holder setscrew and remove the probe.
If the thermal well is:
- TE-6300W-103 (TE-63xAP-1), see Figure 9 and loosen the two well set
screws (the TE-6300W-103 contains thermal grease). Insert the sensor
holder, then tighten the well set screws.
Figure 2. Installing the TE-63xAP-1 Sensor holder
- TE-6300W-110 (TE-63x2P-1), see Figure 10 and screw the sensor holder
into the thermal well (the TE-6300W-110 does not contain thermal
grease).Figure 3. Installing the TE-63x2P-1 Sensor holder
- TE-6300W-103 (TE-63xAP-1), see Figure 9 and loosen the two well set screws (the TE-6300W-103 contains thermal grease). Insert the sensor holder, then tighten the well set screws.
- Insert the sensor probe through the sensor holder and into the thermal well until it just touches the bottom of the well.
- Back the probe out approximately 1/8 in. (3 mm) and tighten the sensor holder set screw.
- Pull the sensor wires into the conduit box and snap the conduit box onto the sensor holder.
- Install the retainer over the sensor wire leads and into the sensor holder.
- Wire the sensor to the controller using the wire nuts provided.
- Reposition the cover and tighten the retention