About this task
After planning and installation of the wireless system, complete the following steps to commission the system.
Note: Power off the wireless field components until you are ready to begin commissioning the network. This aids in forming the network and avoiding dead spots and weak signal paths.
Note: Disconnect the IP/Ethernet cable from the WRG to minimize traffic to the WNC from the supervisor, if recommended during checkout.
- Turn on the WRG1830 Gateway and connected ZFR1831 Coordinator Radio.
- Turn on the ZFR Pro Routers/Repeaters. The LED shows a blue blip or flash.
Do not turn on the WRZ sensors.
Note: Turning on the WRZ sensors before the wireless mesh is formed and operating depletes the battery prematurely because the WRZ sensor tries to find the mesh network.
For security reasons, the PAN is locked, preventing new devices
to join the network. So before adding new ZFR1831s, TECs or WRZ sensors to the
PAN, the PAN network must be open for joining. The network can be opened in one
of the following ways:
- If the LED on any ZFR1831 is yellow, press the Join pin on the side of the device. Note: By default, only the Coordinator’s LED is yellow.
- From the WRG UI Device List page, select the epsilon in the upper right and Add Devices.
- If the LED on any ZFR1831 is yellow, press the Join pin on the side of the device.
- When the PAN is open for joining, the LEDs on all of the ZFR1831s that have already been joined to the network turn red. This indicates that the network is accepting new devices onto the network. The ZFR JOIN ENABLE LED on the WRG also turns red.
In approximately a minute, the new ZFR1831 to be added joins
the PAN and the LED shows red. It blinks one, two, or three times to indicate
Note: After joining the PAN, an aqua colored LED indicates that new firmware is being downloaded to the ZFR1831. This happens in the background and does not interfere with its operation.
After one hour of no new devices being added to the PAN, the
network locks down again and the LEDs on the ZFR turn green.
Note: The Join Time duration can be set up to 8 hours on the WRG UI.
- Turn on WRZ Sensors using the DIP switch. The sensors locate the nearest parent device on the wireless mesh in approximately 15 minutes.
Use the WRG Device Screen to validate that all sensors are
- If any sensors have not come online, initiate a signal strength test with the associated ZFR Pro Router. Press and hold the manual occupancy override button on the WRZ Series Sensor for 5 seconds or more, then release the button. After you release the button, the signal strength code displays. See Table 1 .
- On LCD models, the signal strength is shown on the display on the face of the sensor. See Figure 1 .
Table 1. WRZ Sensor to ZFR Pro Router wireless signal strength Flashes Signal strength 3 Excellent sensor has joined network 2 Good sensor has joined network 1 Weak sensor has joined network 0 None sensor has not joined network Fast Flash Rate (8) Unable to locate associated wireless enabled field controllerFigure 1. Sensor LCD