The WRG1830/ZFR183x Pro Series Wireless Field Bus System is secure for the following reasons:
- The ZFR183x mesh over-the-air communication uses AES128 bit security.
- The ZFR183x mesh network coordinator manages when devices can be added to the network and is able to be software locked to prevent unauthorized access.
- The WRG1830 Gateway uses secure boot upon initialization and connection to the Ethernet network.
- The ZFR183x Pro Series Wireless Field Bus devices transmit data using several short proprietary messages that are collected and reconstructed at the destination. If a piece of the message is intercepted, it is indecipherable to the outside source.
- The WRG1830 Gateway requires authentication for user access with an audit log to track log-ins and commands.
- The WRG1830 Gateway Wi-Fi functionality allows access to the wireless network configuration, but it does not create a Wi-Fi hotspot to the Internet.