Use the automatic fan field-calibration process to automatically calibrate an individual fan with a 1-, 2-, or 3-point process.
For automatic fan field-calibration, complete the following steps in the Supervisor Menu:
- Navigate to Fan Arry Config and press ENTER. The display shows Number of Fans > Sensors Per Fan.
- Navigate to Field Cal Cfg and press ENTER.
Use UP and DOWN to select the fan
and press ENTER to confirm the selection.
Note: Selection is limited to the number of fans previously setup.
- The display shows FCal Enable? > Use Calc'd Cal?. Select Use Calc'd Cal? and press ENTER.
- Use UP or DOWN to select Yes and press ENTER.
- Navigate to Run Auto Cal and press ENTER. Then press ENTER to calibrate.
- Under Fan Diameter, enter the diameter for the selected fan. Use UP and DOWN to adjust the currently blinking digit. Press ENTER to advance to the next digit or confirm the value when on the last digit. Press ESC to go back a digit or cancel the value entry when on the first digit.
- After confirmation of the diameter value, the calculated area displays under Area Confirm. Use UP and DOWN to select Edit or Confirm and press ENTER. Edit enables manual editing of the area.
- Use UP and DOWN to select the number of points to calibrate the previously selected fan. Press ENTER to confirm the selection.
- Run the fan that is calibrated to the first point.
- Enter the airflow of the fan as a volumetric value. CFM is default, and the unit is based on the display settings. Use UP and DOWN to adjust the currently blinking digit. Press ENTER to advance to the next digit or confirm the value when on the last digit. Press ESC to go back a digit or cancel the value entry when on the first digit.
- When the fan is at the required speed for point 1 of the calibration, confirm the value. The entered value must be within the operating range of 0 fpm to 10,000 fpm and multiplied by the area of the fan inlet to achieve the equivalent volumetric value.
- After entering the airflow value, a confirmation screen displays. Press ENTER to confirm and move forward.
- Press ESC to return to value entry. When the number of points is 1, the entered value must be greater than 0.
- The device compares the entered value to the sensor readings for each sensor and displays the values. When Sensors per Fan is set to 1, only one comparison displays.
- Repeat Step 3 to Step 9 for the rest of the points to calibrate to. Press ESC on the first digit when entering the measured value for point 2 or 3 to go back a point.